Oil Painting Marine London Blackfriars Bridge & St Pauls Cathedral At Dusk By Moonlight
Bring timeless, classic elegance to your walls with this1 beautiful oil painting of the London nightscape. Showcasing Blackfriars Bridge and St Pauls Cathedral By Moonlight, this timeless piece will add an eye-catching look to any home. Make your home stand out with this stunning art!
- Subject marine shoreline view of London during the 18th century with Blackfriars bridge & St Paul's Cathedral at Dusk by moonlight. It has such a great sense of atmosphere, intrigue and mystery as its set at dusk night time with moonlight. Your focus is drawn to the moonlight which is illuminated on the Thames river heading towards the viewer. To the right a single masted sailing ship which is anchored and sails are tied down to the mast, just below to the left a small rowing boat with 2 figures aboard. In the foreground to the far left are 2 rowing boats that are empty and anchored. Further back you can see oil lamps positioned along the bridge and around the buildings & docks to illuminate the dark London night.
- Initial signed WKL by a British artist.
- So collectible and sought after work of art.
- Oil on canvas.
- Set in a white square frame.
- Hanging thread on the back ready for home display.
- Circa late 20th century dated 79 for 1979.
- Provenance bought from a private collection.
- We select & sell our paintings based solely upon quality, subject & significance.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- The painting surface is in good order, various foxing staining on the back of the canvas. The frame has various general wear, stains, scuffs, minor chip losses commensurate with usage & age.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our other exciting Fine Art, antiques & collectibles available in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate