Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Pair French 19th Century Gilded Hallmarked Candlesticks With Wax Candles
Prezzo di listino $1,222.00
Spese di spedizione calcolate al momento del pagamento.
- Pair French Antique Late 19th Century Rocaille Style Gilded Hallmarked Metal Candlesticks.
- Small rocaille style candlesticks which have been beautifully gilded over light weight base thin metal.
- Standing on a base and top by a tumultuous shaft adorned with cartouches, acanthus leaves, flowers and stylized scroll decorations.
- Removable bobeche tops with curved sloping edges.
- A bobèche is a cup or ring at the top of a candlestick, used to catch melted wax running down the side of the candle.
- Rocaille was a French style of exuberant decoration, with an abundance of curves, counter-curves, undulations and elements modeled on nature, that appeared in furniture and interior decoration during the early reign of Louis XV of France.
- It was a reaction against the heaviness and formality of the Style Louis XIV.
- They would look wonderful displayed in your home.
- Amazing present.
- Work realized late 19th century.
- It has hallmarks shown in the pictures.
- Wax candles are included.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used worn condition.
- Having noticeable wear, scuffs, scratches, marks, tears to the metal in places commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres of candlesticks without candles inserted each approximate
33cm High without candle
11.5cm Length of base
11.5cm Width of base
height of each candlestick with candle inserted 57.5cm
Size of each beeswax candle 24.5cm high