Victorian Hunting 2 Setter Gun Dogs Oil Painting By Colin Graeme Roe
Bring classic elegance to your home with this one timeless Victorian Hunting Portrait. With exquisite detail and lifelike movement, this stunning oil painting captures the essence of two Setter Gun Dogs. Created by master painter Colin Graeme Roe, this piece is a must-have for any discerning collector.
- Title "Gordon Setter with Irish Red & White Gun Dogs in Scottish Highlands".
- Subject beautiful portrait in side profile of 2 hunting animal setter dogs, one of which is a Gordon setter and the other an Irish Red & White they are facing to the direction of the prey, they have beautiful rich colours, half length facing left. Set in Scottish moor countryside landscape, with views of the moors and Highland hills and mountains in the background , in the lower foreground bottom you can see heather vegetation
- A great example of the animals breed.
- Oil on Winsor & Newton board.
- A nice easy to display size with the frame being 36 cm high and 31 cm wide.
- Signed lower corner by the familiar worldwide artist Colin Graeme Roe 1858-1910 who was a master & British from the United Kingdom. He was notorious for his superb portrayal of scenes of animals in the Scottish Highlands.
- An exceptional fine example of his work.
- Set in a traditional stylish later gilt gesso decorative frame.
- Circa late 19th century Victorian era.
- Provenance from a fine auction in the Shires.
- Colin Graeme Roe's paintings have sold around the world in many different auctions & the sold prices fetch up to 14,223 USD.
- This is such a fine example of his work.
- Such a delightful scene to the eye.
- Highly sought after due to the collectible sporting nature of subject matter such elaborate detail.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home wall display.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon subject, quality & significance.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Front painting surface in good overall order. Having some foxing stains, minor paint loss in places. Set in impressive decorative later gilt gesso frames which have general wear, scuffs, cracking, some chips commensurate with usage & age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout our exciting other available Fine Art, antiques & collectibles in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate
High (36 cm)
Wide (31 cm)
Depth thickness of frame (5 cm)