British Watercolour Marine Fishing Boats Low Tide Bridlington By D M Winterburn
Bring a touch of the seaside to your home with this stunning British Watercolour Marine Fishing Boats Low Tide Bridlington By D M Winterburn. Crafted with delicate brushstrokes, the painting evokes a sense of beauty and tranquillity that can only be found at a low tide Bridlington beach. Boasting exquisite detail and a refined colorscheme, this painting will add a splash of coastal charm to any abode.
- Watercolour on paper with a glass front protective cover.
- Title “Low Tide Bridlington"
- Set in traditional oak wood frame.
- A nice size with the frame being 79 cm wide and 61.5 cm high.
- Subject impressionist marine view of the seaside port town Bridlington showing various fishing trawler boats in the background on the sea water shown at low tide by the sea wall and other smaller rowing boats and fishing boats beached along the shore.
- Signed by the British artist D M Winterburn.
- Circa mid 20th century.
- Bridlington is a seaside town and civil parish in the East Riding of Yorkshire, England. It is on the Holderness part (Flamborough Head to the Humber estuary) of the Yorkshire Coast by the North Sea. The town is about 28 miles (45 km) north of Hull and 34 miles (55 km) east of York. The stream called Gypsey Race flows through the town and enters the North Sea at the harbour.
- The Priory Church of St Mary and associated Bayle (or gate) are Grade I listed buildings on the site of an Augustinian Priory. As a sea-fishing port, the town is known for shellfish, and is the largest lobster port in Europe, with over 300 tonnes of the crustaceans landed there each year. It has been termed the "Lobster Capital of Europe". Alongside manufacturing, retail and service firms, its main trade is summer tourism. It holds one of the UK's coastal weather stations.
- Provenance from an antiques dealers nautical collection.
- Ready for immediate home wall display with hanging thread verso.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon subject, quality & significance.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional expert customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- The front painting surface is in good order, having some foxing stains in places, the wood frame having some scuffs, general wear, losses in places, scratches & stains in places commensurate with usage & old age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our other exciting Fine Art, antiques & collectibles available in our gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate
High (61.5 cm)
Wide (79 cm)
Depth (1.5 cm)