19th Century Oil Painting "Prized Country Farm Bull" Portrait
- 1 Fine British Art Victorian 19th Century Oil Painting "Prized Country Farm Animal Bull" Portrait.
- Subject study portrait of a country farm animal of a handsome prized bulls head.
- Superbly painted scene by an accomplished hand.
- A feature that stands out is the rather exceptional detail to the face & horns.
- Indistinctly signed by the British artist E Wood.
- Circa late 19th century dated in the bottom corner 98 for 1898.
- Oil on canvas.
- The canvas is mounted & set in the original traditional gilt gesso frame.
- Provenance bought from a fine art antiques auction label verso.
- Old frame makers label verso.
- Highly sought after due to the collectible nature of the animal matter such elaborate detail.
- The brushwork is of high exceptional quality.
- With hanging hook on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Please take a moment to enlarge the photo's to appreciate the details of the painting.
- The canvas has been relined, the front has been revarnished and restored with paint touch ups in places. A horizontal line runs across near the top, this is where the back of the frame is pressing on the canvas. Some paint loss around the 1 of the bulls eyes. The frame having various general wear scuffs minor chips & losses commensurate with usage & age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout our exciting other available listings in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate
Depth thickness of frame 0.78" (4cm)