Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Important Advertising Soap Makers To The Queen Royal Crest Warrant Enamel Wall Sign
Regular price £750.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
BUY NOW £750
- 1 Important Vintage Small Original Mid 20th Century 1950's Very Rare Advertising Soap Makers To The Queen Royal Crest Warrant Enamel Wall Plaque Sign.
- Depicting the Royal warrant image of a Lion & Horse with Royal motto.
- With the French inscription DIEU ET MON DROIT meaning "God and my right", this is the motto of the Monarch of the United Kingdom outside Scotland.
- It appears on a scroll beneath the shield of the version of the coat of arms of the United Kingdom.
- The motto is said to have first been used by Richard I (1157–1199), as a battle cry and presumed to be a reference to his French ancestry (indeed he spoke French and Occitan but knew only basic English) and the concept of the divine right of the Monarch to govern.
- It was adopted as the royal motto of England by King Henry V (1386–1422) with the phrase "and my right" referring to his claim by descent to the French crown.
- It is used to imply that the monarch of a nation has a God-given divine right to rule.
- Royal warrants have been issued for centuries to tradespeople who supply goods or services to a royal court or certain royal personages.
- The royal warrant enables the supplier to advertise the fact that they supply to the issuer of the royal warrant, thus lending prestige to the supplier.
- Royal families of the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, Monaco, Denmark, Sweden, and Japan among others, allow tradesmen to advertise royal patronage.
- Made from Vitreous enamel on metal.
- Yellow & black in colour.
- Highly sought after by private collectors, interior designers & home decorators.
- Superb for a TV Film studio, theatre, stage, advert props shop. For use indoors or outdoors.
- It has 3 holes for you to screw onto your wall.
- No screws are included.
- Circa mid 20th century, 1950's.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine old charming used well worn condition.
- Having various noticeable wear, rust, scratches, scuffs, stains commensurate with usage & age.
- Also it has lost some of its enamel & been touched in with paint in places.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- Checkout our other exciting listings available in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres are approximate
7.95" High (20.2cm)
7" Width of base (18cm)