C1920 French Bronze Gladiator Warrior Sculpture After Emile Louis Picault
Bring a classic French touch to your living space with this exquisite C1920 bronze Gladiator Warrior Sculpture. Handcrafted using traditional techniques and lovingly detailed after Emile Louis Picault, this stunning sculpture perfectly captures the strength, courage and spirit of a Gladiator ready for battle. Add a touch of timeless beauty to your home. it'll make you feel like you're battling it out in the Colosseum!
- In the style of after Emile Picault.
- Subject model of a standing gladiator warrior who is holding a chained mace in bare feet.
- Are you looking for a spectacular masculine sculpture in the ancient Roman style for your home then this is for you!
- Impressive size being 77.5 cm tall.
- Made from cast bronze the casting is beautiful, especially to his torso muscle definition, facial hair, veins in his hands and arm and his hat which creates an impression of flowing movement.
- Signed on the base E Picault.
- Highly collectible due to the sporting subject matter.
- Mounted on a built in rectangle base.
- Quite heavy for its size weighing around 15kg approximate.
- Circa early 20th century 1920.
- Visual fine craftsmanship, exceptional modelled design which is totally magnificent.
- Émile Louis Picault (French: [emil lwi piko]; 24 August 1833 – 24 August 1915) was a celebrated orientalist French sculptor, best known for works depicting allegorical and patriotic subjects, and mythological heroes. Picault was a very prolific artist, producing sculptures in abundance—over 500 models in total—during his long sculpting career. He began to show his artwork at the Salon beginning in 1863. He signed the majority of his work as "E. Picault.
- Picault's work can be seen in museums in the following cities: Chambéry (Le Semeur d'idées, 45 cm)
Clermont-Ferrand (Hébé, 93 cm) Maubeuge (Le devoir, Honor patria, 45 cm) Troyes (La famille, joies et peines) References Kjellberg, Peter (1994). Bronzes of the 19th Century. Atglen, Pennsylvania: Schiffer Publishing, Ltd. p. 542. ISBN 0-88740-629-7.
- So collectible & highly sought after by collectors.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used patina wear condition. With wear scratches scuffs in areas commensurate with usage & age also 1 of the small spikes is missing from the mace.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- International worldwide shipping is available via the ebay global shipping programme centre.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash on collection is welcome.
- Browse our other exciting Fine Art, antiques & collectibles available in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres
Height (77.5 cm)
Width of base (32.5 cm)
Depth of base (18.5 cm)