British Art Deco Desmo Circa 1934 Dragonfly Car Mascot Sculpture
Capture the spirit of adventure with this timeless British Art Deco Desmo 1934 Dragonfly Car Mascot sculpture. Dare to make a statement with this rare find that merges classic style and modern flair. Take risks, explore your wild side, and make your mark with this iconic sculpture. Exquisite, hand-crafted piece of British Art Deco history to adorn your car or mantlepiece. Look no further - this is a stunning symbol of the elegance which embodies the elegant, timeless style of British Art Deco. Richly detailed, it represents the highest standard of refinement and class, making it a statement piece.
- We are so excited to bring this exclusive very rare car mascot to the open market.
- The rarest and finest of all Desmo production mascots. This was a 1934 addition to the range produced, and was originally retailed at 42 shillings, a small fortune then, and the highest priced mascot ever produced by Desmo.
- Stamped Desmo to the side of the stem.
- A cute size being 8cm high and 15.7cm wing span.
- In the form of a dragonfly which features beautiful wings which are embellished with mother of pearl set on a round stylish black base.
- This is a very rare and highly valuable example, also registration number 787192 located under the wing, also having an old auction label lot number 46 on the base.
- Incredible fabulous piece for collectors.
- The casting is superb made from chrome plated over brass.
- Circa early 20th century Art Deco era 1934.
- It weighs just under 500 grams approximate.
- A dragonfly is a flying insect belonging to the infraorder Anisoptera below the order Odonata. About 3,000 extant species of true dragonflies are known. Most are tropical, with fewer species in temperate regions. Loss of wetland habitat threatens dragonfly populations around the world. Adult dragonflies are characterized by a pair of large, multifaceted, compound eyes, two pairs of strong, transparent wings, sometimes with coloured patches, and an elongated body. Many dragonflies have brilliant iridescent or metallic colours produced by structural colouration, making them conspicuous in flight. An adult dragonfly's compound eyes have nearly 24,000 ommatidia each.
Dragonflies are predatory insects, both in their aquatic nymphal stage (also known as "naiads") and as adults. In some species, the nymphal stage lasts up to five years, and the adult stage may be as long as 10 weeks, but most species have an adult lifespan in the order of five weeks or less, and some survive for only a few days. They are fast, agile fliers capable of highly accurate aerial ambush, sometimes migrating across oceans, and often live near water.So collectible & adorable, highly sought after by collectors.
- Having such a beautiful finish with charming patina.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having charming patina wear, scuffs, scratches, stains, some minor losses of chrome and mother of pearl in areas commensurate with usage & old age. We love this original used worn patina look.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
- Browse our exciting other Fine Art, antiques & collectibles available in our gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres approximate
Height (8 cm)
Width of base (10 cm)
Depth longest point wing span (15.7 cm)
Length of dragonfly body head to tail (10 cm)