British Oil Painting Portrait Of 3 Sheep In Highlands Signed Elizabeth Halstead
- 1 Fine British Work of Art Oil Painting Portrait Of 3 Sheep In Highland Landscape.
- Subject portrait of 3 sheep of which 2 are shown in side profile & 1 is shown in front profile, they are standing close to the peak set in the magnificent Scottish Highlands rolling hills landscape. With beautiful heather foliage below, the sheep that is closet is looking right at the viewer, with the other 2 sheep looking to the left. Having such perspective landscape view with a mix of blue sky and grey clouds above.
- A feature that really stands out with this artwork is the excellence of the artist ability to capture the individuality of each of the sheep, the detail to their coats, horns and faces which is breathtaking and so realistic.
- A very fine example of her work.
- Oil on board.
- Circa early 21st century.
- Signed by the known British artist Elizabeth Halstead.
- We feel she is the modern day Thomas Sidney Cooper that's how superb her artistic skills are and her paintings will only go up in value.
- Title “Sheep on the Hillside” By Elizabeth Halstead.
- Artist Biography and provenance verso :Elizabeth Halstead is a known British artist and was born in the West Riding of Yorkshire to a Canadian father and an English mother. After emigrating to Canada at the age of 19, she worked and travelled across the country painting the wildlife and spectacular scenery.
- Upon returning to England she settled down for a few years but returned to Canada in 1974 where she worked and trained as a professional artist, selling her work exclusively to a gallery in Ontario. In 1982 she returned to England with her family and has steadily built up her career in this country. She paints mainly natural history subjects and misty landscapes in both water-colour and oils; her style is very detailed and she tries to introduce both atmosphere and drama into her work.
- In the course of the last few years she has had many successful exhibitions around the country, including one in Charing Cross, London, where the British Falconers Club of Great Britain invited her to exhibit at their 60th Anniversary. She also works as a freelance designer and has done work for the Royal Society for the Protection of Birds and for the Canadian Wildlife Federation.
- Set in a beautiful decorative gilt moulded frame.
- An exceptional sought after collectible artwork.
- Such a delightful scene to the eye a great conversation piece.
- Highly sought after due to the collectible nature of animal subject matter such elaborate detail.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home wall display.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon subject quality & significance.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Front painting surface in good overall order. Having some minor staining in places. Frame which has general wear, scuffs, stains some minor chips and paint loss commensurate with usage & age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout our exciting other available collections in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate
Depth thickness of frame (4.5cm)