Cheshire Antiques Consultant
British School Oil Painting "The Faithful Friend" Dog Portrait Listed Frederick J Haycock
Regular price £1,850.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
BUY NOW £1850
- 1 Fine 20th Century Artwork Oil Painting "The Faithful Friend" Dog Portrait Frederick J Haycock.
- Subject favourite dog portrait of a very popular Friendly animal breed titled " The Faithful Friend".
- So incredibly realistic lifelike, it is like you can almost feel the dogs immaculate fur coat.
- Distinctly signed by the famous British school listed artist Frederick J Haycock.
- Frederick J Haycock was born in Warwickshire England in 1948 where he still lives with his family.
- While he studied at both the Nuneaton School of Art and Coventry College of Art Design, where he trained as an illustrator as Art college was only interested in abstract and modern styles at the time.
- As such he is he is essentially self taught, very much influenced by Sir Alfred Munnings, Lionel Edwards and John Kenny.
- After leaving college he worked for ten years as an illustrator, painting in his spare time.
- Due to the increasing demand for his work, he began painting professionally in 1982.
- In 1984 he won 2nd prize in The Horse and Hound Centenary Art Competition coming second to Leesa Sandys-Lumsdaine.
- His work was first published by Soloman Whitehead in the late eighties and all of his earlier Limited Edition Prints are now sold out.
- However with increasing family responsibilities, Fred went back to technical illustration to pay the bills.
- Eventually however these skills were replaced by computers and in 2007 he approached Sally Mitchell who was delighted to snap him up! Fred is also known for his hunting scenes and has already seen over twenty of his works published as Ltd Edition prints and in the Society Of Equestrian Artists exhibition, 2010 he won best sporting painting for the second time.
- He is a regular at The Athersone meets, but can also bee seen following The Quorn and The Fernie.
- Set in a rather impressive ornate decorative gilt frame.
- This painting is of the highest quality by such a globally known accomplished listed artist.
- Provenance bought from out of a private stately home in Shropshire.
- Oil on canvas.
- So pleasing to the eye.
- A great superb collectors wall display investment item.
- Circa late 20th century dated 1983.
- We only buy paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We offer exceptional professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having some noticeable stains, scuffs and wear also minor chips to the frame commensurate with usage & age.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash on collection is welcome.
- Checkout our other exciting listings available see our online shop gallery, we can offer you discount if you order 2 or more items happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of frame approx
27.16" High (69cm)
33.07" Wide (84cm)
2.36" Depth thickness of frame (6cm)