British Watercolour Ornithology Robin Large Flock Different Birds Gathered
Enjoy this 1 British Watercolour Ornithology Robin Large Flock of Different Birds Gathered features a unique composition of birds gathered together, created by renowned ornithologist Robin Reckitt. Add a touch of nature to any room with this beautiful, hand-painted work of art masterpiece.
- Subject a flock of various song birds gathered grouped together in small open grass clearing with dense vegetation on either side. The focus is the little european robin bird perched at the bottom on short fallen tree trunk base. The robin is flanked to his right and left and above with many other different birds that are all around him which is such an exciting fascinating scene.
- With just over 30 birds in total among them is a Raven, pheasant, pigeon, chirping thrush, common blackbird, european goldfinch, warbling white eye, eurasian bullfinch, goldcrest, grasshopper warbler, great tit, jackdaw, long tailed-skua, long tailed tit, swallow, willow tit & sparrow and various other birds.
- A Rubucla is a European Robin bird. The European robin (Erithacus rubecula), known simply as the robin or robin redbreast in Great Britain and Ireland, is a small insectivorous passerine bird that belongs to the chat subfamily of the Old World flycatcher family. It is found across Europe, east to Western Siberia and south to North Africa; it is sedentary in most of its range except the far north.
- It is about 12.5–14.0 cm (4.9–5.5 in) in length, the male and female are similar in colouration, with an orange breast and face lined with grey, brown upper-parts and a whitish belly.
- Circa late 20th century dated 73 for 1973.
- This painting is signed in the bottom left corner Robin Reckitt.
- This is in our opinion his finest work & is an early example of his works.
- Robin Reckitt is a known British artist now retired, who has illustrated many bird identification books, though he had two other careers first. Robin joined the Army and was chosen for the Royal Artillery ‘the Gunners’. He continued with the army for 13 years becoming a proficient horse rider, he also was trained to fly and serve in the Korean War adhering to the ‘Adapt or Die’ motto of his regiment.
- He has painted many different birds near to his home in Winchcombe, Gloucestershire. He uses mainly watercolour & pastel. Also having exhibited in the USA & London Mall galleries as well as holding exhibitions in his own home.
- After being demobilized from the army Robin worked for Shell for 11 years, his working routine was setting up and opening filling stations across the Midlands. During his middle years Robin’s love of painting ‘got the better of him’ and drew him to study at Art Dyfed college School of Art in Carmarthen where he studied for 3 years and achieved his Diploma in wildlife illustration, he graduated as a professional artist in the year 1978.
- He found a niche designing and painting pub signs for Allied breweries however Robin had always had a passion for painting birds. This talent was spotted by Bird Life International and many bird identification books followed, often capturing birds in their natural environments. He is a member of the Fosseway artists & Blockley Art Society.
- Provenance label verso for The Loquens Gallery,
- We only select & sell paintings based upon subject, quality & significance.
- We provide friendly professional exceptional customer service.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Condition report offered in fine used condition. Front painting surface in very good order. With general wear, dust, scuffs, stains minor chips losses to the frame commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our exciting other available Fine Art, antiques & collectibles in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres of frame approximate
High (61 cm)
Length depth thickness (2.5 cm)
Wide (50.5 cm)