Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Oil Painting Portrait Gentleman With Dog In Mortimer Forest By Rosemarie Timmis
Regular price £2,495.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
BUY NOW £2495
- 1 Large Fine Genre Conversation Piece Full Length Portrait Oil Painting English School Shropshire Aristocrat Gentleman Standing With His Loyal black Dog Companion.
- Subject portrait of an important titled Knighted Shropshire gentleman with his loyal Black dog, in frontal profile pose set in the lovely Shropshire Mortimer forest by the river Teme.
- He is grasping onto is walking stick in a confident elegant manner.
- This painting has rather beautiful perspective, in the foreground you view the the footpath by the river edge, further to the right you can see the river Teme gentle flowing, with forest trees on either side.
- You can feel the peaceful refreshing tranquil atmosphere from this wonderful composed scene, such a delightful conversation piece.
- Signed by the English school listed artist Rosemarie Timmis.
- Oil on canvas.
- Set in a fine gilt frame.
- Rosemarie Timmis trained at the Byam Shaw School under Bernard Dunstan RA.
- She was a specialist portrait painter, born 1946 - died in 2013.
- She also studied with the painter Patricia Machin and Arnold Machin RA, OBE, and later in Florence.
- She has since painted professionally in the USA, Japan, Persia, Oman, Hong Kong and many European countries.
- Commissions she has done His Majesty The Sultan of Oman, Lord Butler of Brockwell KG GCB CVO. Lord Guthrie of Craigiebank GCB LVO OBE, Marchese Rosselli Del Turco, his Excellency Mohamed Al Fohaid Ambassador from Qatar.
- Admiral Lundwall First Sea Lord of Sweden, Dame Alice Lamb, Colonel Sir Hugh & Lady Oldman.
- Mark Carter Esq, High Sheriff of Staffordshire Her work is in the private collections of Lady Antonia Fraser, Sir Tim Rice, Taylor Woodrow International, Molins Ltd, Mary Gilliant, Spencer Copeland and Christopher Johnson.
- Her conversation pieces include the family of William Cash MP.
- This is such at fine portrait, the detail to the gentleman's face & background is exceptional.
- Superb brushstroke control which brings persons face to life so realistic.
- We only select and sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- Set in an attractive gilt wood frame.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Circa late 20th century dated 1970.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having some noticeable chips, wear, scuffs & paint loss to the frame. Some minor paint loss & stains to the canvas surface in places commensurate with usage & age.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate
43.30" High (110cm)
30.51" Wide (77.5cm)
2.36" Length depth thickness of frame (6cm)