George III Sterling Gilded Silver Baluster Mug Tankard John Langlands 1774
- 1 Exceptional 18th Century Small Decorative Rare Antique George III English Sterling Gilded Finest 925 Silver Baluster Mug Tankard By John Langlands Dated 1774.
- Fully hallmarked with English silver hallmarks for Newcastle & silversmith maker John Langlands.
- A George III Newcastle silver mug, of baluster form to a spread circular foot, with tongue capped scroll handle and later chased floral decoration to the whole surrounding a vacant scrolled cartouche. Hallmarked John Langlands I, Newcastle 1774.
- Excellent heavy weight 10.78 ozt (335.2 grams).
- A feature that stands out are the chased sunflower, foliage, branches, vnes & scrolled garland cartouche decorations, with a a magnificent gilded interior.
- Biography of John Langlands was a Newcastle based silversmith part of the Langlands family, who for sixty years were the largest silverplate producers in Newcastle.
- Excellent quality 247 year old sterling silver example.
- A superb scare museum highest quality so sought after by collectors & dealers.
- This is such a great investment and would also make a fabulous collectors gift.
- It is hollow inside where the liquid beer would go.
- There are no added personal engraved monograms or initials present.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- International worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Condition report offered in fine used condition.
- Displaying some expected surface wear, marks, scratches and tarnishing commensurate with the age and general use.Some minor surface dints and bumps. Also some minor nicks/small gouges, including along edges of handle.Small holes/cracks in the decoration in couple of places. Possible old repair to top of handle. Foot rim appears a little thinner in a couple of areas. Interior gilded with hallmarks located to the base, these rubbed and a little distorted but all still legible.
- It has a typical shiny polished finish.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres approximate
Length depth at deepest point (13cm)
Width at base (9cm)
Width at top (8.5cm)