Georgian Drawing of Gisborne Court at Peterhouse St Peter’s College Cambridge By Hill Delt
Discover the grandeur of Peterhouse St Peter's College with this 1 awe-inspiring Georgian drawing depicting Gisborne Court by Hill Delt. Feel the power of history within the crisp lines and awe-inspiring architectural nature of this rare work of art. Capture the essence of Cambridge for yourself with this timeless piece!
- Title "Gisborne Court at Peterhouse St Peter’s College Cambridge".
- Subject architectural building view which depicts the north & south side of Gisborne Court in the Cambridge college grounds. With a flock of birds also flying overhead. The court was built in 1825-1826 in white brick with stone dressings in a simple Gothic revival style from the designs of William McIntosh Brookes. Only three sides to the court were built, the west side being just a screen wall, which has since been demolished. Plans are in an advanced stage for building the west side. As the whole college is Grade I listed, sympathetic architecture for the new buildings was paramount. Rooms in Gisborne Court are mainly occupied by undergraduates, with some senior tutorial staff offices. Peterhouse is the oldest and smallest of the traditional Cambridge colleges. This is Gisborne Court, hidden away at the back of the college and dating from the early 19th century. However, the range on the right is actually 15th century, but was refaced at the same time.
- We enclose a colour photograph showing what the building actually looks like in the modern era.
- Medium pencil drawing on paper with front protective glass cover.
- Set in a traditional wood frame painted black with a gilt inner finish.
- Signed by the British artist Hill Delt.
- Circa early 19th century 1820's Georgian era.
- Provenance from Cambridge.
- Highly sought after due to the collectible architectural nature of subject matter such elaborate detail.
- With round metal hanging loop on the back ready for immediate home wall display.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon subject quality & significance.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Front drawing surface in good overall order. Having some foxing staining in places. The frame has some losses, cracking, scuffs, scratches & general wear commensurate with usage & old age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Checkout our exciting other available Fine Art, antiques & collectibles in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate
High (23 cm)
Wide (33 cm)
Depth thickness of frame (2.2 cm)