Hunting Horse Rider Red Coats An Unfortunate Fall Oil Painting Follower Of Henry Thomas Alken
Take your walls on a wild ride with this one unique British Hunt oil painting! A striking Georgian Hunting Horse Rider Red Coats An Unfortunate Fall painting from a Follower of Alken is sure to give your home a truly equestrian flair. Get ready to gallop away from the ordinary!
- Unsigned British School artist in the style follower of Henry Thomas Alken.
- Title "An Unfortunate Fall"
- A nice size with the frame being 42.5 cm and 33.5 cm high.
- Subject beautiful British sporting hunting scene in side profile of a hunting scene, your attention is first drawn to the red coat rider who has just had an unfortunate fall with his horse into the river, his horse is on its back in the water with its legs up in the air and the rider are clinging to his distraught horse. Further along which is amusing you can see his black hat floating away in the river. Further, back another horse and rider have both fallen head first with only half of the back end of the brown horse and partial red coat visible behind the hill in the ditch. To the left is a black horse with rider in mid-jump over a white fence, he is holding his whip aloft, his tall hat has just fallen off. Further, in the background to the far left a riders top half and horse head is visible. You can see some trees around on steep rolling hills, above with mainly overcast sky with some blue shining through.
- Of 9 huntsman gentlemen wearing traditional uniform dress with red coats and black riding hats and white trousers' huntsman riders on horses also 1 lady on horseback near the center she is dressed in black with pack of dog scent hounds gathered to the right with views of open green countryside field with a mainly overcast sky with some blue coming through in patches.
- Oil on canvas laid on panel.
- Set in a traditional original stylish gilt frame.
- Circa early 19th century end of Georgian Era 1830.
- Provenance from fine art dealer in the Shires.
- Such a delightful scene to the eye.
- Highly sought after due to the collectible sporting nature of subject such elaborate detail.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home wall display.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon subject, quality & significance.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Front painting surface in acceptable order. Having various foxing staining, dirt, fading, craquelure, paint loss in areas also a horizontal stretcher line showing that's runs across near the top. Frame having various general wear, scuffs, chips, losses & over painting commensurate with usage & old age. Painting needs restoration and a clean.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thank you.
- Checkout our exciting other available Fine Arts, antiques & collectibles in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame
High (33.5 cm)
Wide (42.5 cm)
Depth thickness of frame (1.5 cm)