Brutalist Studio Pottery Flowerhead Conical Shape Vase By Bernard Rooke Ceramicist
Add a unique bit of beauty to your living space with this gorgeous vintage bruta list conical vase! It's the perfect piece for the true connoisseur of the ceramic arts, with its one-of-a-kind design and large flower head shape, designed and crafted by renowned ceramicist Bernard Rooke. A blooming' masterpiece!
- Studio pottery conical vase in the form of a flower head, with applied naturalistic decorations around the sides, which gives the impression of flowing movement. It is on a stepped circular base, with a Bernard Rooke company label shown on the base. A good size, being 25 cm high.
- It has a wonderful surface texture to the touch and I love the different colors of light blue, golden brown and off white.
- Beautifully made and so collectible and sought after.
- Bernard Rooke (born 1938) is a British artist and studio potter. Rooke has exhibited his "Bruta list" ceramics and painting both in the UK and abroad with work in many collections both public and private, including the Victoria and Albert Museum, Cleveland Museum of Art, Nuffield Foundation, Paisley Museum and Art Galleries, Leicester Museum, Buckinghamshire County Museum, Röhsska Museum in Sweden and the Trondheim Kunstmuseum in Norway.
- His work has become sought after at auction houses in the UK and USA.
- Made from ceramic pottery.
- With a beautiful patina.
- It would make a fabulous gift.
- Circa late 20th century.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition with some scuffs, scratches, wear marks and some very small minor chips in places commensurate with usage & age.
- International shipping worldwide is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support. Please send us a message.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- Browse our other exciting Fine Art and antiques & collectibles available in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres
Width (27.5 cm)
Depth (27.5 cm)
Width of base (13 cm)