Oil Painting Scottish Highlands Sheep Grazing Ben Nevis By Wendy Reeves
Experience the beauty of the Scottish Highlands with this stunning oil painting by Wendy Reeves. The vibrant colours and intricate details effortlessly capture the idyllic scene of sheep grazing with the majestic Ben Nevis Range in the background. Bring the rugged charm of Scotland to your home with this exquisite piece of art.
Make a Big statement to your clients or guests on your office or home wall space with this exceptional work of art.
- Title of the painting is "The Ben Nevis Range".
- This painting transports you to the beloved Scottish Highlands countryside, evoking a sense of serenity.
- Having incredible beautiful such detailed perspective, you focus is first drawn to the foreground where you can view the small flock of sheep grazing by the river Nevis which runs through the lower moors, you can see stone boulders in the river, in the distance running along the moor edge a blanket of thick mist has developed. Above further back are the impressive Ben Nevis mountain range. You can really feel the atmosphere with the cloud mist that is beginning to rise. Above a mix of overcast cloudy grey sky with some light blue shining through in places.
- Highly sought after by Museums, art galleries, collectors, dealers, TV film studio, theatres, production companys, due to the nature of the scene.
- Signed by the known British artist Wendy Reeves 1944- Present.
- Circa late 20th century. 1990's.
- Medium is oil on canvas
- In our opinion this is very fine example of her work.
- Biography of Wendy Reeves she is a contemporary artist and is particularly adored for her depictions of animals set in Scottish Highland and Lakeland paintings. She was born in the mid 20th century during WW2 in the year 1944 in Ewell, Surrey. She is the eldest of 5 children, she had a great love & fascination for art & as a result she became an artist like her father Gordon who was a well established accomplished artist.
- Before her works of the British Isles, Wendy Reeves painted scenes from a trip she made to Spain when she was in her early twentys around he age of 21. During this time that her dream of following in her father’s footsteps became a reality, and when she returned to England she cemented her name as an artist.
- Wendy Reeves' paintings showcase her great talent of natural landscapes & wildlife that live in them. Her work often depicts colour hues of ochre and pink lights, she typically works in oils or pastels. Wendy Reeves' art work can be found exhibited in leading galleries throughout the UK.
- She travelled extensively throughout the British Isles and Southern Ireland painting her beloved highland and Lakeland scenery.
- She also was known to have lived in London for eighteen months, she found the constrictions of city life did not suit her, she then moved to Sussex where she worked happily for three years before moving to East Anglia.
- Wendy loves painting mountains especially the- Scottish Highlands. Many hours are spent studying the landscape and particularly fishing subjects, taking notes and sketches before committing oil to canvas in order that her paintings are technically correct with many of her paintings having been taken as examples in books about fishing.
- Wendy’s paintings are well balanced works of art using reflections in the water to give a feeling of quietness and peace with the mountains providing a dramatic back drop to the painting with the sun’s rays picking out areas of interest with contrasting areas of shade.
- Provenance Private Scottish Highlands Collection & now in collection of Cheshire Antiques Consultant.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- We select & sell our paintings based solely upon subject, quality & significance.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- The painting canvas surface is in very good overall order. Having some minor foxing stains, set in the original hand made contemporary gilt frame which has scuffs, general wear & some losses commensurate with usage & age.
- We offer our clients exceptional professional customer service.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our other exciting Fine Arts, antiques & collectibles available in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame
High (59.5 cm)
Wide (85 cm)
Depth (4 cm)