Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Pair French Antique Late 19th Century Rocaille Style Gilt Metal Candlesticks
Regular price £950.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
BUY NOW £950 FREE UK MAINLAND DELIVERY
- Pair French Antique Late 19th Century Rocaille Style Gilt Metal Candlesticks.
- Small rocaille style candlesticks which have been beautifully gilded over light weight base thin metal.
- Standing on a base and top by a tumultuous shaft adorned with cartouches, acanthus leaves, flowers and stylized scroll decorations.
- Removable bobeche tops with curved sloping edges.
- A bobèche is a cup or ring at the top of a candlestick, used to catch melted wax running down the side of the candle.
- Rocaille was a French style of exuberant decoration, with an abundance of curves, counter-curves, undulations and elements modeled on nature, that appeared in furniture and interior decoration during the early reign of Louis XV of France.
- It was a reaction against the heaviness and formality of the Style Louis XIV.
- They would look wonderful displayed in your home.
- Amazing present.
- Work realized late 19th century.
- It has hallmarks shown in the pictures.
- No candles are included.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used worn condition.
- Having noticeable wear, scuffs, scratches, marks, tears to the metal in places commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash upon collection is welcome.
Dimensions in centimetres approximate
11.5cm Length of base
11.5cm Width of base