Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Pair 19th Century Japanese Meiji Double Gourd Porcelain Vases
Regular price $844.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
BUY NOW £680
- Pair Fine Original Antique 19th Century Japanese Meiji Double Gourd Porcelain Small Vases.
- Having magnificent hand painted Chrysanthemum flowers & foliage decorations.
- A wonderful collectors item to display in your home.
- Made from porcelain.
- Origin from Japan.
- Circa mid 19th century 1860's.
- Signed on the base.
- These vases were originally used to hold water for calligraphy writing. The Meiji era (明治, Meiji, Japanese pronunciation: [meꜜː(d)ʑi]) is an era of Japanese history which extended from October 23, 1868 to July 30, 1912.
- This era represents the first half of the Empire of Japan, during which period the Japanese people moved from being an isolated feudal society at risk of colonisation by European powers to the new paradigm of a modern, industrialised nation state and emergent great power, influenced by Western scientific, technological, philosophical, political, legal, and aesthetic ideas.
- As a result of such wholesale adoption of radically-different ideas, the changes to Japan were profound, and affected its social structure, internal politics, economy, military, and foreign relations.
- The period corresponded to the reign of Emperor Meiji.
- It was preceded by the Keiō era and was succeeded by the Taishō era, upon the accession of Emperor Taishō.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine overall used old worn condition.
- Having various noticeable wear marks, some paint loss, discolouration stains, scuffs, scratches, pitting & some minor chips in places commensurate with usage & age.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Cash on collection is welcome.
- Browse our exciting other collections available in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres each approximate
7.48" High (19cm)
1.77" Length depth of base (4.5cm)
3.14" Width (8cm)