Oil Painting Equine Portrait Black Horse In Stable By Alice Mary Burton RBA
Buy Now £5500
- 1 Fine Art Antique Original Early 20th Century Equine Oil Painting Study Black Bay Hunter Horse Portrait In Stable Signed Alice Mary Burton RBA (1893-1968).
- Subject Animal Study Portrait "Black Bay Hunter Horse In Stable".
- Oil on canvas backed with board.
- Signed in the corner by the known famous listed artist Alice Mary Burton (1893-1968)
- Alice Mary Burton was born on September 21st, 1893, in Nogent-sur-Oise in France. She studied art at the Byam Shaw and Vicat Cole School of Art and the Regent Street Polytechnic School (Bronze and Silver Medals).
- Burton was a portrait and figure painter, although she did produce a few landscapes. She was elected a full Member of the Royal Society of British Artists in 1932. Burton lived in North Wales (1913), Royal Tunbridge Wells and London (1921).
- She exhibited at Cooling Galleries, Glasgow, Liverpool, Royal Academy, Royal Institute and Royal Society of British Artists, Cooling Galleries 8, Glasgow 1,
Liverpool 2, Royal Academy 8, Royal Institute 12, Royal Society of British Artists 52.
- An original circa 1903 oil on canvas painting by Alice Mary Burton. This is an outstanding painting and a very fine early example of her work.
- Set in such a fine later gilt frame 4.5kg unwrapped weight.
- Reference sources: artuk, invaluable, artnet, artprice & askart, dictionary of British Artists (Collectors' Club) and the Dictionary of British Artists by Grant Waters.
- Such a delightful scene to the eye.
- Provenance bought from a fine art antique auction collectors interiors sale, lot 247, 14th January 2021.
- Highly sought after due to the collectible nature of the subject matter such elaborate detail.
- The brushwork is of highest exceptional quality.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Having some foxing staining, some craquelure and minor paint loss in places and a small tear to the canvas surface. With some noticeable scuffs, wear to the frame commensurate with usage & old age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout our exciting other available listings in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of the frame approximate
High 19.68" (50cm)
Wide 23.62" (60cm)
Depth thickness of frame 1.18" (3cm)