Antique Canadian Trans Pacific Ships Advertising Poster Framed Showcard
- 1 Fine Rare Antique Canadian Trans Pacific & Trans Atlantic Ships Travel Advertising Poster Framed Showcard Direct Service Belfast To Canada.
- Subject advertising poster showcard pictorial depicting liner shipping services from Belfast To Canada. In the centre a railway train is shown with inscription below Trans-Canada. Showing a Belfast working lady on the right with a liner ship R.M.S OF Ireland further over. To the left a view of an Asian lady holding a large lamp globe in traditional era dress, further over to the left view of another liner ship Empress Of Asia.
- Below it Reads Canadian Pacific.
- Lower left side Trans Pacific with a list of ships. R.M.S. Empress of Asia, Empress Of Russia, Empress of India and Empress of Japan. Fast service to Japan & China from Vancouver. Owning 76 steamers on the Atlantic, the Pacific and the Great Lakes of Canada. 17,000 miles of railtrack, 100,000 miles of telegraph. 19 Magnificent hotels. Mines, smelters, &c.
- Direct liners Liverpool, Belfast, Antwerp, Trieste & Naples to Canada. Connecting by rail and steamer with Japan, China & Australasia. Regular freight services from London & Bristol. Through Bills of Lading to the principal points in Canada & U.S. Dominion Express Co.(of Canada) Parcels Express to all points in Canada & U.S. Money orders payable everywhere. Lands for Settlers 12,000,000 acres suitable for British Framers in Western Canada & British Columbia.
- Trans Atlantic R.M.S Empress of Ireland & Empress of Britain. Fast service to Canada only four days open sea.
- At the bottom it reads Agent W.S German, Ballygawley.
- Printed by Henry Jenkinson Ltd Leeds dated 1913 , the poster illustrator was done by T.Eyre Macklin.
- Thomas Eyre Macklin RBA (1867–1943) was a British artist, illustrator and sculptor. He was born in Newcastle upon Tyne, the son of a landscape painter.
- Reference sources Wikipedia.
- Medium print on card backed with board, with a protective front glass cover.
- Set in a traditional gilt frame.
- Provenance bought from a fine memorabilia & decorative advertising sale in Ireland.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- The front surface does have various foxing staining & some losses in areas. The frame has various wear, scuffs, chips & repairs commensurate with usage & age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our other exciting collections available in our shop gallery happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate