Cheshire Antiques Consultant
Antique Black Forest Eichwald Earthenware Owl Tobacco Jar Bernard Bloch
Regular price $510.00
Shipping calculated at checkout.
- This 1 charming antique tobacco jar looks like it stepped out of a Black Forest fairy tale! The earthenware owl with its subtle details is sure to make some hoots with your guests. Don't miss your chance to get your talons on this precious piece!
- Beautifully handmade from pottery earthenware.
- Tobacco jar in the form of an owl with lid. Made by Eichwald with makers mark underneath and numbered 715.
- Circa early 20th century.
- To suit any home interior design theme.
- So ornate and decorative and highly sought after by private collectors worldwide & interior designers interest.
- Fully functional.
- No tobacco is included.
- Bernard Bloch was a pre-eminent entrepreneur in the field of ceramic industry and established the famous factory B. Bloch & Co. which, in 1920, was renamed to Buchwald Porcelain and Stove Factory Bloch & Co.
- In 1869, Bloch purchased an enterprise focusing on earthenware and faience production from the family of Huff.
- The facility was based in, what was then, the city of Holstein (today Unpin). It was characteristic of making richly decorated products with glossy colored glaze.
- The objects of both artistic and applied character were distributed throughout the Austrian-Hungarian monarchy.
- These were coffee and tea sets of brown, green, red or bronze color, but also plates, vases and decorative tiles.
- In 1895, Bernard Bloch extended the field of his activities via purchasing the prosperous firm of C. Teacher Masses based in Buchwald today the city of Dub which was the first on the Czech territory to apply the blue motif of the co-called onion.
- Apart from porcelain and figural earthenware, Bloch introduced the production of side rite objects, tiles and tiled stoves.
- Bernard Bloch gained fame mainly by the production of figural tobacco containers and other tobacco products, characteristic of detailed and extremely refined processing.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used old worn condition.
- Having some noticeable chips, cracking and repairs, wear, scuffs, scratches in places commensurate with old age and use.
- International worldwide shipping is available.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thank you.
- Browse our other exciting Fine Arts, antiques & collectibles available in our shop gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres
Depth length (10cm)