19th Century Scottish Highlands Oval Oil Painting Ghillie & Girl Bagpipes & Terrier
Buy Now £2290
- 1 Fine Oval 19th Century Victorian Scottish Highland Oil Painting Of A Ghillie & Girl With Bagpipes & Terrier.
- Subject set in the Scottish landscape with a Ghillie & Girl playing the bagpipes on a bridge with a terrier dog at foot.
- The dog is carrying a hat in his mouth, to the right river rapids in full flow, with mountains & Highlands in the background.
- A Ghillie is a Gaelic term for an man who acts as an attendant.
- Scottish school artist.
- Circa late Victorian 19th century
- Oil on panel.
- Set in a fine moulded floral gilt frame.
- A feature you will love is the beautiful oval shape ornate frame.
- Such a pleasing delightful happy entertaining scene.
- Provenance Taylors Auction Rooms, antique sale, lot 1379, 12th October this year, label verso.
- Highly sought after due to the collectible nature of the subject matter such elaborate detail.
- The fine brushwork is of exceptional quality.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home display.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- With investment potential superb collectors item.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Unwrapped weight 4kg approximate.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used worn condition.
- Having various, foxing staining, craquelure to the painting surface.
- With various noticeable scuffs, wear, chips to the frame in places commensurate with usage & old age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout our exciting other available listings in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in inches & centimetres of the frame approximate
15.35" High (39cm)
17.32" Width (44cm)
1.57" Length depth thickness of frame (4cm)