Watercolour Golf Tournament 1995 Ryder Cup Victorious European Team
- 1 Fine Sporting Work of Art Watercolour Famous Golf Tournament 1995 Ryder Cup Victorious European Team.
- Subject famous sporting Golf tournament Ryder Cup 1995, head and shoulders portrait of the competing winning European team players around the trophy.
- Title "The Rider Cup 1995"
- Europe 14. 1/2. USA 13. 1/2
- Europe team Captain Bernard Gallacher. with Seve Ballesteros, Howard Clark, Nick Faldo, David Gilford, Mark James,Per-Ulrik Johansson, Bernard Langer, Colin Montgomerie, Costantino Rocca, Sam Torrance, Philip Walton & Ian Woosnam.
- USA Captain Lanny Wadkins, with Fred Couples, Ben Crenshaw, Brad Faxon, Jay Haas, Peter Jacobsen, Tom Lehmman, Davis Love, Jeff Maggert, Phil Mickelson, Corey Pavin, Loren Roberts & Curtis Strange.
- Watercolour with a front protective glass cover.
- So sought after and collectible.
- Signed in the bottom corner by the British artist John Taylor.
- Provenance from the David Eastby estate.
- The Ryder Cup is a biennial men's golf competition between teams from Europe and the United States. The competition is contested every two years with the venue alternating between courses in the United States and Europe. The Ryder Cup is named after the English businessman Samuel Ryder who donated the trophy.
- The 31st Ryder Cup Matches were held September 22–24, 1995 at the East Course of Oak Hill Country Club in Pittsford, New York, a suburb southeast of Rochester. The European team won the competition by a margin of 141⁄2 to 131⁄2 points to win back the Cup. At the time, this was only Europe's second victory on U.S. soil, the first was eight years earlier in 1987. This was the third consecutive Ryder Cup where Bernard Gallacher captained the European side and the only victory.
- Going into the Sunday singles matches, Europe trailed by 2 points, 7 to 9. For the first time, they overcame a deficit entering the singles to win the Cup. The unheralded Irish rookie Philip Walton secured victory for Europe by defeating Jay Haas by one hole.
- Set in a traditional original decorative gilt frame.
- Circa late 20th century dated verso 1997.
- Further provenance purchased from a fine art auction label verso.
- Such a delightful scene to the eye.
- Highly sought after due to the collectible sporting golf nature of the subject matter such elaborate detail.
- With hanging thread on the back ready for immediate home wall display.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon quality & significance.
- We understand your purchase is for your home or as an investment.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- Front painting surface in excellent order. Frame has general wear, scuffs, scratches, minor chips in places commensurate with usage & age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Checkout our exciting other available collections in our shop gallery, happy shopping.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate
Depth thickness of frame (1.5cm)