Watercolour Rainbow Trout Fish Leaping To Catch Dragonfly By Ralston Gudgeon
This 1 breathtaking watercolour painting captures a vibrant rainbow trout leaping up to catch a dragonfly. Scottish artist Ralston Gudgeon skillfully hand-painted this remarkable piece with intricate details and eye-catching colors. Perfect for any fishing enthusiast or art collector.
- Watercolour on paper with a front protective glass cover.
- The diffeent colours, green, blue, grey & red hues are so vibrant which you will love.
- Title Rainbow Trout.
- Set in traditional impressive frame.
- A good size with the frame being 72.5 cm wide and 56 cm high.
- Subject hunting fascinating study of a Rainbow trout fish in a river, leaping in mid flight to catch an airbourne Dragonfly. With reeds seen below the water surface & the water is swirling.
- Signed by the famous listed known Scottish artist Ralston Gudgeon RSW 1910-1984.
- Ralston Gudgeon Scottish born artist. Gudgeon is best known for his paintings of birds and animals mostly in watercolour Gudgeon studied at the Glasgow School and in 1933 won the Torrance Memorial Award of the Glasgow Institute.
- Gudgeon was one of Scotland’s leading wildlife artists and 1936 he was the youngest man ever to be elected to the RSW. He is represented in the Glasgow Art Gallery, the Paisley Art Gallery and City of Edinburgh Collection.
- The colours are so bold and vibrant an exceptional beautiful example of Gudgeon's work.
- The rainbow trout (Oncorhynchus mykiss) is a species of trout native to cold-water tributaries of the Pacific Ocean in Asia and North America. The steelhead (sometimes called steelhead trout) is an anadromous (sea-run) form of the coastal rainbow trout (O. m. irideus) or Columbia River redband trout (O. m. gairdneri) that usually returns to freshwater to spawn after living two to three years in the ocean. Freshwater forms that have been introduced into the Great Lakes and migrate into tributaries to spawn are also called steelhead.
- Adult freshwater stream rainbow trout average between 0.5 and 2.5 kilograms (1 and 5 lb), while lake-dwelling and anadromous forms may reach 9 kg (20 lb). Coloration varies widely based on subspecies, forms, and habitat. Adult fish are distinguished by a broad reddish stripe along the lateral line, from gills to the tail, which is most vivid in breeding males.
- Circa mid 20th century.
- Provenance label verso.
- Highly sought after by CEO's, interior designers, museums, art gallerys, antique dealers, famous & private collectors, film tv studio prop shops.
- Ready for immediate home wall display with hanging thread verso.
- Incredible conversation piece for your guests.
- We only select & sell paintings based upon subject, quality & significance.
- We provide our clients with friendly professional expert customer service.
- Condition report.
- Offered in fine used condition.
- The front painting surface is in good order, having some foxing stains in places, the wood frame having some scuffs, wear in places, scratches & stains, some small chips in places commensurate with usage & old age.
- International buyers worldwide shipping is available please ask for a quote.
- Viewings are welcome by appointment only for customer support please send a message thankyou.
- Browse our other exciting Fine Art, antiques & collectibles available in our gallery.
Dimensions in centimetres of the frame approximate
High (56 cm)
Wide (72.5 cm)
Depth (1.5 cm)